Files of interest to Family Historians and Others
These indexes have been placed in the Somerset Heritage Centre for
the benefit of Family and Local Historians. The original sources
have been listed and should be consulted for those who require
The indexes were produced from data stored on computer by
Trevor G Hill and Margaret A Hill in 1994.
1) Protestation and Lay Subsidy Listings 1641/2 [from Printed Sources].
Hearth Tax Listings 1670 and 1674 [from Printed Sources].
2) Land Tax/Rates Listing and Tything Meeting 1755 and 1761
[D/P/Shap13/2/1] and Name index from 1754 Survey
for Tithe, for full details of the latter see 3 below.
3) Survey 1754 [D/P/Shap 23/2]
4) Marriage Registers 1813-1838 [D/P/Shap 2/1/6]
5) Marriage Register 1837 -1851 [Held in the Parish Church].
6) Tithe Apportionment Schedule of Occupiers and Owners 1839
Each file is in spreadsheet (.xls) and may be dowloaded into LibreOffice or similar application.
Web page updated 29 July 2013